What to do if applets don't show up ?
You should see below a colored cube, which you can rotate by dragging the mouse.
If not, you need to install Java and Java3D plugin.
Windows 7, Windows 10 :
Mac OS X
- You need to use Internet Explorer 11 (ie11). Any other browser (Chrome, Firefox, ...) won't work because they've stopped supporting applets.
- You need a 32 bit JRE 1.8 (Java Runtime Environment). If you have only a 64 bit, it won't work. But you can perfectly have installed both 32 bits and 64 bits. It will use the right one.
- Download and install Java 1.8 JRE 32 bits : jre-8u171-windows-i586.exe
- Download and install Java3D plugin : java3d-1_5_1-windows-i586.exe
- Download and install this certificate : cse-ca-root.cer into your Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
Select “Install Certificate”.
This will launch the Certificate Import Wizard. Make sure to Choose the option “Place all certificates in the following store” and select browse.
Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click Ok.
Click yes on the security warning to install the certificate.
- Quit and restart your web browser.
- You need to use Safari. Any other browser (Chrome, Firefox, ...) won't work because they've stopped supporting applets.
- Install a Java 1.8 JRE (for mac only 64 bits is possible) : jre-8u171-macosx-x64.dmg
- Download this archive and copy all jars into the "ext" folder : java3d 1.6 macosx.dmg
- Download and install this certificate : cse-ca-root.cer into the System keychain.
- Restart your mac.